- Leading international publisher
- Salary to £35,000 + commission
My client is a leading, established, international publisher with a flagship portfolio of industry leading products and services – they are looking for an experienced, successful Business Development Executive to join their Commercial team.
This autonomous role will be responsible for generating display advertising sales revenue across one of their specialist publications and websites. Fundamental to this role is the development of productive and long-term external client relationships and a constant focus on new business development.
Key tasks include:
- Develop and grow sponsorship and advertising sales revenues across designated products as tasked to achieve financial targets
- Professionally build and manage long-term relationships with companies to support growth of revenues across portfolio
- Identify new clients and generate new leads to develop new relationships and sales
- Professionally represent the business at industry events, network to develop new contacts and sales opportunities
- Make visits to clients and potential partners, and conduct face to face meetings as the business requires
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Advertising and Sponsorship to create a culture of success, to communicate the benefits of projects and generate sales opportunities with their clients.
- Work with the Head of Business Development to identify new revenue generation opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all relevant internal departments such as editorial, marketing, production, publishing and accounts
- Develop a strong understanding of our business segments and stay informed of the latest trends and developments. Take advantage of this knowledge to direct business opportunities for the team.
- Maintain accurate records and effective administration using Salesforce, generate sales reports as required.
- The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, dynamic and constructive team player who has demonstrated the ability to work successfully within a complex organisation.
- Must have a comprehensive sales background (in media sales/advertising/sponsorship) within a similar publishing environment.
- Knowledge of languages and the Science/Technology/Medical sectors desirable but not essential.
- Degree level education
- 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
- Private healthcare
Contributory pension scheme plus other benefits.
Working in a supportive, evolving, close-knit team you can expect a highly competitive salary (up to £35,000 based on experience) + uncapped commission (£5,000 OTE), benefits and great career opportunities.
Interested? Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ref: NBD-1207